Lowrider

I got back to San Francisco a couple years ago, soon thereafter the Lowrider movie came out, and in Berkeley I was surprised to discover a couple of my Lowrider models in the window of the Ace Hardware store.

I built these in the mid 90s, customising and detailing them, after the ones in Lowrider magazine. If I could still work on them today, on my Chevy Impala, the Orange one, I would put gold square-style linkage shaped trim, it looks kind of like vines, but square shapes and gold. And a neon cherry coral wave that was a close hue, that would make it glow.
And my Chevy Malibu, I would start with a darker shade, lower, like a silohete perhaps, something like a drop and ripples on a water surface, like some of the classic computer background pictures is one idea.
When I returned to Berkeley, I discovered these two at the Ace Hardware Store. It was  was nice to see them, and know that they're there. I had some more good ones (as well as more photos of these). These have been moved from the main window to another case.

I also used to have a room, that I really need to recover. Something like this just under 400 feet is really not too much to ask for.


Accessibility is very important.

Otherwise, I should be able to rent the Lowrider movie soon, since I missed it in theatres. T2 Trainspotting was the other movie I really wanted to see, as well as a bit older classic, College. I still need to watch Dead Pool 2, and a some others.

I believe what happened with my LowRiders and my other belongings was that my former step-father, Antonio "Tony" Garcia, sold them on eBay, after stealing my 6400 Macintosh Computer, giving the video card to his brother in law, Alberto...
Tony is a Gulf War Veteran, Alberto is in the Navy, and I'm a pacifist, so it's troubling.

I wonder how long they have been here, and if they were at the other model store before it was closed. I also wonder what happened to the other ones. 

Comments